It happened that on a graceful morning, we set out on a journey to Lagos. Mum had hired a driver to take her and I joined so that I can alight on the way, at my church’s campground.
When the journey started, my curiosity got the better side of me as I kept on staring forward, looking at how he (the hire) was maneuvering on the road and all his negotiations. Thoughts like “I just hope this dude can really drive well” kept coming to my mind. I kept on praying in my heart. All in a bid to reassure myself that God was the one in charge of the driving after all as I tried laying off the worrisome thoughts. 🙈
Not that the guy was bad or terrible at driving but there is just this skeptic vibe I get when its someone new (or unfamiliar for me) that is handling the steering. Even in cabs sometimes. 🙈
And while I was pondering on the whole experience, I thought to myself – “Hey this is just how we feel when we don’t know our God enough, that we hence doubt Him at any little hitch we face along life’s way” and I got the spur to pen it down.
Truth be told, he wasn’t even speeding at all and I have before then been in a car driving at a fast speed many times and I didn’t even budge or freak out (by the way, I love speed 🛤🚗), in fact, I slept off on some of the rides. 😂 But then, here I was being all bothered about his driving, etc. 😕
We also can get all worrisome and so “in doubt” when we are unfamiliar with our God – His ways; His acts; and His doing.
Have you thought of why Enoch was taken and saw no death? – He walked with God till the end!. He didn’t quit on God at any point (none recorded). Do you know why Abraham could do the crazy? – as he packed his luggage and his family and left for the UNKNOWN. Trust me, that is crazy! 😳 But hey, Abraham knew his God so much and because he knew that God was also His father and friend and would surely cater for His needs and lead him to His destination in safety. He followed God’s words and left the known for the unknown. Oh my! 🙇
Do you know why David could have encouraged himself in the Lord even when he and his men came back from a battle and saw that “All” (Everything and Everybody) was carted away with?. He could have thought to himself “God has failed me” 😪 or “God and you gave me your word and you couldn’t even sustain my camp till I got back despite the fact that we had gone on a battle in your name” 😒
Truth be told I myself have felt this way “God why did you choose to pull the plug on this thing, I had your word on this!” 😓 But God is God. See that is just the summary – He doeth as He pleases but then in all that He pleases and does, it is all to a good and perfect plan for our lives. So when we get to know that nothing in our lives happens by accident or chance or luck. You will seek to ask God instead “What do you want me to learn in all this?” rather than the usual “why me God, but I have been this and that, etc.” 😥😕
God is growing us through the seemingly insane situations and decisions we face in life. And trust me, a great sailor is known only in the face of the tides, having conquered the tempest storms.
When we begin to know and understand that God works it all together for our good and that He won’t allow anything to happen to us for our detriment. We would maintain our calm in the face of the seemingly crazy decisions we are nudged to make for our greater good.
Let’s read these Bible verses: 📖
– No temptation [regardless of its source] has overtaken or enticed you that is not common to human experience [nor is any temptation unusual or beyond human resistance]; but God is faithful [to His word–He is compassionate and trustworthy], and He will not let you be tempted beyond your ability [to resist], but along with the temptation He [has in the past and is now and] will [always] provide the way out as well, so that you will be able to endure it [without yielding, and will overcome temptation with joy].
1 CORINTHIANS 10:13 (AMP)
– After you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace [who imparts His blessing and favor], who called you to His own eternal glory in Christ, will Himself complete, confirm, strengthen, and establish you [making you what you ought to be].
1 PETER 5:10 (AMP)
– And we know [with great confidence] that God [who is deeply concerned about us] causes all things to work together [as a plan] for good for those who love God, to those who are called according to His plan and purpose.
ROMANS 8:28 (AMP)
P.S: The Bible (His word) is such a comfort food for us, keeping us encouraged even as we get to know more about God. 💃
He cares for us, let’s get to know Him more than we have ever done before. He is such a good friend to us and when we get to know more of this side of Him as well as His deep immeasurable love for us. We will surely find solace in all that He has permitted; all in a bid to make us, strengthen us, expand us and approve us. As a good fit for the nations that awaits our voice and calling!.
Do read these Bible references:
– Be fully capable of comprehending with all the saints (God’s people) the width and length and height and depth of His love [fully experiencing that amazing, endless love]; and [that you may come] to know [practically, through personal experience] the love of Christ which far surpasses [mere] knowledge [without experience], that you may be filled up [throughout your being] to all the fullness of God [so that you may have the richest experience of God’s presence in your lives, completely filled and flooded with God Himself].
EPHESIANS 3:18-19 (AMP)
– Now to Him who is able to [carry out His purpose and] do superabundantly more than all that we dare ask or think [infinitely beyond our greatest prayers, hopes, or dreams], according to His power that is at work within us,
EPHESIANS 3:20 (AMP)
Conclusively, God is LOVE, hence let’s trust His ways!. He holds our LOT and He is our FORTE (Psalms 16:5; AMP)