๐ŸŒผ๐Ÿ—ฃ UNWHOLESOME TALKS ๐Ÿ—ฃ๐Ÿ™…

Do not let unwholesome [foul, profane, worthless, vulgar] words ever come out of your mouth, but only such speech as is good for building up others, according to the need and the occasion, so that it will be a blessing to those who hear [you speak].

Ephesians 4:29 (AMP)

Coming back from church and pondering on what to write on for the week, this theme kept recalling in my mind.

So yes unwholesome talks, what does it mean looking at it from our reference text. It simply means unedifying and destructive words.

When we look at it from a simpler view. It is person A ridding the other (person B or C.. the list goes on) of their morale. Shredding another of any possible esteem he or she may have.

We are word-influenced people. Yes, let me state that again. We are word-influenced people. God communicates to us via His words yeah, also our parents and folks we have around us communicate with us mostly via spoken words too, yeah?. In fact, communication is most effective when it is expressed via words.

And looking at it from a different perspective, we connect better with people who bring out the best in us. Those who speak life over us, not those who are on the lookout for our wrongs and even make-up issues in a bid to bring us down.

I, for example, function well in an atmosphere where I can have peace. And yes, it means peace in my mind, heart, and body. And foul words just don’t sublime with me.

I have been on both sides of the bench when it comes to edifying/ grooming words and unedifying words and I know how both feel. I can say for a fact, no one “ever” loves the latter at all.

This is a charge to us. To myself and to you reading this, to be intentional about it and always speak life. Words of Grace, as stated in this verse below.

Let your speech at all times be gracious and pleasant, seasoned with salt, so that you will know how to answer each one [who questions you].

Colossians 4:6 (AMP)

We are meant to call out the deep things in others not make them feel less or shallow. To sharpen lives, and not to make others feel useless or inadequate. To speak grace over them just as we have received.

Fine, we can point out the wrongdoing which is good and we ought to. As we are all meant to watch out for each other, in other for us all to become better people. But when it begins to move past the border of correction to shredding every possible morale or esteem the other party (the party concerned) has, it is wrong!!.

Yes, it is. Let’s imagine if the Holy Spirit in us when we commit any wrong, condemns us rather than ministering to us to forsake our wrongs and live righteously?.

Lastly, while we meditate on the earlier stated question linking to how the Holy Spirit helps us in our wrongdoings and dealings. Let’s also know that as Christians we are meant to be followers of Christ and if unwholesome words weren’t found in Him, why then should it be found in us?.

Do meditate on these words. ๐Ÿ‘†

Let’s decide today to always choose Graceful and edifying words henceforth. God bless you!.

๐Ÿ’ฎ#HCCounsels#๐ŸŒธ

40 Comments Add yours

1. Love this , “”Let’s decide today to always choose Graceful and edifying words henceforth.”

Liked by 3 people

1. Smiles. Yes, ma’am.
      โค

2. Dawn says:

The power of life and death are in our tongues so we need to be careful to speak life to ourselves and to others. The words we speak should represent who we are in Christ Jesus. Excellent post little sister! ๐Ÿ’•

Liked by 3 people

1. Yes big sis. ๐Ÿค—
      Totally, We should sis. ๐Ÿ’ฏ
      Thanks. โคโค

1. Dawn says:

Youโ€™re welcome! โค๏ธ

1. ๐Ÿค—โค๐Ÿค—

3. Hephzibah says:

Amen! Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer. Psalmsโ€ฌ โ€ญ19:14โ€ฌ

Liked by 2 people

1. Amen. This is a key verse to bear in mind too. ๐Ÿ“
      Thanks for sharing sis. โค

1. Hephzibah says:

You are welcome ๐Ÿ˜Ž

4. gifted50 says:

Excellent reminder for us to be careful, lest we agree with the accuser concerning our lives.

1. Thanks, sis. โค
      This is true. The enemy is always on the lookout.

5. Maurice says:

I love this, I love this. Very wonderful writing Herry. A vessel can’t send forth bitter and sweet water at the same time. We all have to grow into this discipline. It is vital for our christian development. That why it is important to have christian good association for our development and spend quality time with Jesus.
    Lord give me the tongue of the learned to know how to speak a word in season to them that is weary. What we put inside of us is what comes out. If we soak our lives in godly thinking, good sermons, daily reading and meditation on the word of God then edifying words will come out of us. God bless you Herry

Liked by 2 people

1. Smiles. Thanks so much, Maurice. ๐Ÿ™‚

Yeah, totally true. We keep growing.
      And godly relationship is key to encouraging this.

Amen. I pray the same. ๐Ÿ™

Yeah. Gabbage-In-Gabbage-out they say.
      Totally. We need to keep our minds renewed always!.

Amen. And you too Maurice. ๐Ÿค—

1. Maurice says:

God’s richest blessings be upon you. I do love your writing because the words we say have so much impact on our Christian journey

1. Amen. Thank you so much Maurice. ๐Ÿค—
          True. ๐Ÿ’ฏ

Do stay safe and be good. He is for you. ๐Ÿค—

2. Maurice says:

3. You are welcome. I will do. ๐Ÿค—

6. JayD says:

This is awesome. As a student that I am and also a teacher-in-training. I’ve seen vision murdered with mere words of mouth. Dreams shattered because some could not tame their tongues. I really love this and I pray for more wisdom for you sisterโค

Liked by 2 people

1. Thanks, JayD. ๐Ÿ™‚
      Hmmm. This is so true. I struggled with the effect of this too. I really pray a lot of folks pay more attention to the words they say. ๐Ÿ™

Totally, and all in the name of “I can not help but speak my mind”. It’s saddening!

Smiles. Thank you. And for your contribution to this too. ๐Ÿค—
      Amen. ๐Ÿ™

7. Israel says:

Hmmmm… Thanks

1. You are welcome Israel. ๐Ÿค—

8. ๐Ÿ’ฏ

Man is a speaking being. Meanwhile, his words are reflections of the state of his heart/mind. The kind of knowledge/information he feeds on influences what he says. Hence, we do well to flood our minds with the wholesome meals of God’s Word and shut out all forms of contrary opinions. That way, our words will be filled with edification and grace.

Great write up.

Liked by 2 people

1. Yes fam. True, what he takes in is what comes out!.

God’s word helps keep us in check and stirs us up to do the good always rather than the wrong!. It also helps us see ourselves in His light!.

Yes, Blessing. Thanks so much for this. ๐Ÿค—

9. Seyifunmi says:

We’ll give account of every word that proceeds from our mouth says the scriptures.
    Well done sis

Liked by 2 people

1. Yes dear. We will.
      Thanks dear. โค

10. Chandra Lynn says:

Amen, sister. I’m writing that scripture in my faith journal. I’ll meditate on it tomorrow. I hope you’re staying safe and well.

1. Smiles. This is great. ๐Ÿค—
      Yes I am. And you too?. โค

11. Beautifully written and I like your images ๐Ÿ˜‰ I avoid spending too much time with people who habitually speak negative words, that’s foul language for me.

1. Thanks sis. ๐Ÿค—
      Smiles. Thanks a lot for the feedback on it too. It means a lot. ๐Ÿ˜Š
      That is wise. I do that too. One needs to guard one’s heart diligently. โค

1. My pleasure. โ™ฅ๏ธ

12. Hummmmm…

This will require a lifetime personal discipline….

1. Yes fam. It will.
      Thanks. ๐Ÿค—

13. I like what you said: โ€œwe are a word influenced peopleโ€ ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿพ Very true!!! ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒบ

1. Smiles. Yes dear. ๐Ÿค—