💭 🪙 To Every Side There Is A Story 📍🎲

To every side there is a story

Smiles. I don’t even know where to start, but I guess I should start from what made me think about these words.

Some days ago, I was watching a movie. It’s a kids/teens movie but I had a handful of lessons from it. It was about a boy who was born with some deformation and had to undergo several facial surgeries. And despite this, he still looked unique from others. I prefer to use “unique” because we are all special and unique beings, regardless.

His mom homeschooled him for a couple of years. And in other to ensure he grows into living and interacting with other people asides his family, he was enrolled in a school.

It was quite emotional for me watching him being made fun of and bullied. Smiles, I know it’s a movie but truthfully, these are likely experiences in real life. 🙁

One of the lessons I learned from watching the movie. Which happens to be the part that led me to this topic is that, there were many incidences that happened in the movie. And while from a viewer’s standpoint, I would criticize the one that I feel didn’t act right in each of the scenarios. I found out that they all had their reasons for acting the way they did. And eventually, I couldn’t really fault any.

In our hurts we lose sight of other people’s feelings

And it just made me realize that sometimes in our own hurts. We tend to be caught up in it, so much that we forget that others have their own fair share of struggles or hurts or tough decisions as well.

The second lesson is that the main character – the boy, eventually made some good and genuine friends in the process. Who loved him for who he is and not what he looked like.

Let’s bring this home. I know we can’t be close friends with everyone. And while we would meet some who choose to walk away or deny being associated with us as it was with this kid. The fact still remains, there will always be a few who are still willing to stay associated with us and love us for who we are and what we stand for.

While many may leave you, a few will love you enough to stay

It brings to mind Jesus’ life. Not everyone stood with him to the very end.

But then, in the midst of the denials He faced. For example, In Nazareth, His home town. From the people who were meant to be a family to him.

“And they took offense at him. But Jesus said to them, “A prophet is not without honor except in his hometown and in his own household.” And he did not do many mighty works there, because of their unbelief.”

Matthew 13:57-58 ESV

When He was tried and almost all the people he helped before then, voted against him and chose Barabbas.

“The governor again said to them, “Which of the two do you want me to release for you?” And they said, “Barabbas.” Pilate said to them, “Then what shall I do with Jesus who is called Christ?” They all said, “Let him be crucified!” And he said, “Why? What evil has he done?” But they shouted all the more, “Let him be crucified!””

Matthew 27:21-23 ESV

When he was beaten and made to carry his own cross when he was still sore and bleeding.

“And they took Jesus and led [Him] away; so He went out, bearing His own cross, to the spot called The Place of the Skull–in Hebrew it is called Golgotha.”

John 19:17 AMPC

There was still at least one person who chose to stay with him.

“But by the cross of Jesus stood His mother, His mother’s sister, Mary the [wife] of Clopas, and Mary Magdalene. So Jesus, seeing His mother there, and the disciple whom He loved standing near, said to His mother, [Dear] woman, See, [here is] your son!”

John 19:25-26 AMPC

There were His disciples as well, who carried on with His legacy and the gospel we have today.

“Right after Jesus spoke those words, the disciples saw him being lifted into the sky, and disappearing into a cloud!”

Acts 1:9 TPT

So dear friend, when it seems the world is against you. There will always, remain a few whom God has strategically placed in your life to love you and stick with you through your journey in life.

Not everyone is made for your journey. Cherish the few.

These ones, Cherish them! ❤️

And be grateful to God for these few. Not everyone is made for your journey. 📍

Mercy Oluokun

Have a blessed week. 🤗

✨#HCCounsels#✨

26 Comments Add yours

1. jesusluvsall says:

Beautiful smile little sister 🙂
    Jesus is the friend who will never leave us.

1. Thank you for the compliment, big bro. 😊
      Yes!! And we can trust Him never to. 💯

Trust your day has been good bro. 🙂

2. capost2k says:

Now, we just need the name of the movie! Anita and I often watch children’s shows because they are almost the last resort for finding a decent movie. (NOW, Disneyplus – which we canceled – is presenting a CHILDREN’s cartoon about a bisexual girl, aimed at 6-12 year olds!! So sad.)

Liked by 1 person

1. Smiles. The title is “wonder”. I watched it on Netflix.

Sadly! but true. There have been a lot of compromises in many movies these days. 😌

Sighs. May God help parents to guard the heart of children. Because there is so many things out there ready to teach them what’s not right based on God’s words to us.

My greetings to Ma’am Anita and do have a blessed day, sir. 😊

1. capost2k says:

Thanx, we will try to find Wonder at our library.
        ❤️&🙏, c.a.

3. Manu says:

Cherish those who choose to stay with you in your journey because not everyone is meant to journey with us. So true Mercy. Jesus is always with us and he blesses us with certain people in our life that will be with us and let us remember to invest and cherish in those relationships.

1. Yes ma’am. ❤️💯

True! We also have our parts to play – to cherish and invest in sustaining these relationships or friendships. 💯

Trust your day has been good.
      Do have a blessed day. ❤️

4. jlp260 says:

Mercy, a lovely post! It is wonderful to have people who love us for who we are. They are a blessing from above.🌺

1. Thank you, ma’am. ❤️🙂
      Yes! A true gift and blessing to us. 💯

Blessings to you and the family. 🤗

5. Absolutely wonderful my sweet friend. Indeed we have a friend in Jesus

Liked by 2 people

1. Thank you for your kind words, ma’am. ❤️
      Yes!!! And His friendship remains true in every circumstances and seasons of our lives. 🙌🏼

Happy Wednesday. 🤗

6. vgeorg says:

Congrats Mercy! Blessings! 💖

1. Amen. Thank you sir. 🙂
      Blessings to you and the family. 🤗

7. bukolaorry says:

Love this post sis! This is a beautiful post! I’m grateful for the few people I have in my life. And Jesus is the greatest example of a true friend.

1. Thank you, sis. 🤗
      Glad to know you do. 😊🙌🏼
      Great! Thank you Lord for your friendship. 🙌🏼

My Greetings to everyone. 🙂

8. K.L. Hale says:

This is beautiful! I love the movie that you speak of…Where would we be without Jesus? Was the movie, “Wonder”? Our smiles, and having the heart like Jesus, can truly make a difference. Blessings and love to you! 💛❤️🙏🏻

1. Thank you for your kind words, ma’am. ❤️
      Yes it’s “wonder”. 🙂
      Absolutely- to love like Jesus.
      Amen 🙏🏻
      Smiles, gladly received. Hugs. ❤️🤗

1. K.L. Hale says:

You’re welcome! Hugs right back! ❤️🤗

Liked by 1 person

9. Quality is better than quantity. It is better to have a few valuable people around you than many that add no value to you.

1. Yes!
      So true! 💯
      And as much as we may have the many, we can’t underestimate the importance of the few. Like Jesus had the 12 disciples even though there was the crowd. 📍

Happy Wednesday. 🤗

10. Dawn says:

People come and go but the Lord will always remain. True, everyone is not supposed to stick around for the long run. We can trust God to bring those who should stay with us into our lives.

1. Yes! 🙌🏼
      I couldn’t agree more. He is lasting in His ways and we can trust Him to bring people of like minds with Him into our lives. 💯
      Happy Sunday sis. 🤗

11. Bukunola says:

So true!
    Although in the bid to constantly surround ourselves with people of “value”, many have missed out on that which God is trying to work in us. He sometimes sends people our way who seem to be of little or no value. But if we be discerning, and not push these people away, we would eventually recognise the value in them.

Beautiful write-up Mercy

1. Hmm. True!
      The reason why we need Him to aid us in discerning who we ought to stick with. 💯
      Apt!!!
      Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this, sis. And for your kind words. ❤️🤗